CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 19, 2007

Perfectly boring!

I hate being in the midst of people that don’t speak English and especially don’t speak it even when I’m sitting at the same lunch table as them. I’ve told them countless times that it is rude to speak their language when someone who doesn’t understand it is there but they always slip back into it. I guess I can’t blame them cuz even me I lapse into naija English with my other naija peeps, which apparently they don’t understand. These peeps are cool when they speak English but when they are not….Gosh! They could be planning how to cut out my lungs during my sleep, for all I know, or worse they could be gossiping about my lunch saying I eat like a pig! For your information I do not eat like a pig! Talks about anorexia, these guys have it all. I mean how can a normal person survive by eating food like this:

Breakfast: 1 slice of bread, with a thin spread of butter, I apple and 1 cup of orange juice.

Lunch: A bowl of salad and 1 cup of yoghurt

Tea: The only time they have a plateful of food (even though, the only thing I can see are huge pieces of green leaves!)

So, can you blame me for imagining that they were actually fantasying about my food! I will not be intimidated just because I eat like a human being cuz I know I so do not eat like a pig! At least, I’m not so skinny that you can’t tell the difference between me and the skeleton in the biology lab! I’m a healthy size 10 and even at that my relatives are still complaining, they’re always like ”Tiwa! Look at your long neck, you better eat good food, ounje oyinbo yen, tio o on je ni on fa a”(this was a major failed attempt at writting yoruba..I know...lol..) But I’m not bothered cuz I like me the way I am.( Although , I kind of wish I had bigger boobs, but at least I’m grateful I have something, I know 20 yr old peeps who have nothing but groundnuts on their chests plus I still got time). I look in the mirror and admire my lovely tiny eyes, that make me look as if I’m squinting all the time, my slightly (very slightly) protruding front teeth, my long neck, my small boobs and my ugly feet and despite these imperfections, I still think I’m beautiful (I know I am cuz I get people telling me everyday, every where I go, they just can’t help but stare at me….lol) and these imperfections are what make me who I am ,Tiwalade.

Imagine being perfect, it’ll be so boring! You’ll have the same clothes as the other perfect “IT” girls, the same perfect shoes, the same perfect hair style, the same perfect faces (thanks to plastic surgery!), the same perfect size (that’s a size 6 by the way). To everyone out there who thinks they’re anything less than FABULOUS because of their imperfections, you got all WRONG! That’s what makes you the beautiful person you are!

I know I have seriously diverted from my original topic but hey “out of the mouth (or rather out of the keyboard)speaks the heart” Stay fabulous!!!

2 comments:

Naija Vixen said...

lol, i knw, nobody is perfect n errone is beautiful in dier own way, u gt dat damn ryt..if errone was perfect it wld b damn boring....gone were d days of insecurities..who am i kiddin..i still hav dose days, but goin 2 extreme 2 look perfect...like eating canyane peppers 4 bfast n slices of tomatoes 4 lunch...hell naw,its about workin with watchu gt!!

Anonymous said...

tiwa, nice blog.... u and english sha, wa rora n... take kia and talking about imperfections, yeah.. no one is perfect... go on girl, u rock.