CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 19, 2006

What's it gonna be?

I've always had perfect eyesight, my grandmother is 64 and she doesn't use glasses. So how come at this young age I cant see properly again. I’m so pissed of at this and although in sec. school I always wanted to wear glasses, now the thought of it is horrible. I guess I can use contact lenses but the thought of poking myself in the eye everyday that's even worse! Sigh.

In school, we're doing a work experience thing were we have to find work placements for a week in a place in line with what we want to become. That is a major problem for me because I don’t know what that is. I guess I have an idea...more like i have lots of ideas of what I want to be. I’ve wanted to be so many things in my life. When I was younger I wanted to be a singer and I used to sing everywhere I went. After that, I wanted to become a lawyer, cuz everyone was always saying I’d make a good lawyer as I used to argue a lot with everyone about random stuff. Then in Jss1, I wanted to be a cardiologist.... I don’t even know why, I guess cuz the name sounded fancy. Then, I wanted to be an accountant or just a businesswoman who wore proper corporate clothes and worked in a big company. The idea of becoming an accountant went squash when I found out that accounting is the most boring thing I could ever do, I barely passed it my WAEC. Now, I think I want to be a corporate lawyer but I'm not very sure about that now cuz it doesn't sound very interesting and I still want to be a model/singer (although these are dream as a result of watching to much Britain’s next top model and X-factor!). I really need to sort this out.

All my aunties are always asking " so tiwa what are you going to study in uni?" "What do you want to be in future?" most of the time I always just say something random like " Oh! I want to be a pilot" or "I'm going to study engineering" blah blah but that’s only to save face cuz I don't want the "You have to know what you want to be" lecture as if I don’t know that already. Sometimes I think I don't really have to worry I can just study anything and in future hopefully I marry a rich guy and I don’t have work hard for money, I'll just have a shop to keep me busy. But I know that’s not a good plan what if the rich husband doesn't surface? I'll have to struggle for the rest of my life. I want to get a degree and get a really good job so I don’t have to struggle like that.

Anyway, I've yarned too much I have to go and do some homework.... arghh! Tell me, why am I in school again…yeah I know so I can get a good degree and a good job and have loads of money! If only it was that simple!

0 comments: