CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

The picture on my wall



I feel a bit guilty that I'm leading a certain someone on...its not my fault really, he's quite pushy and I just go along cuz at the time I'm just thinking "What the heck! Just go along" But I quite regret that sort of thought now, because he's geting even more confident and I don't even really like him...hmm


One of the other thoughts that have been going on in my head include how I keep failing to reach the epitomy of being a true christain. I see all these folks in my church who seem to be so on fire and devoted to God and I think "why can't I be like that?" Truth is I don't really know the inside of anyone so I shouldn't even be measuring up my christianity against theirs. But even at times, I don't want to read my bible because I know that in there would be a call to perfection, to being and doing more than I think I can in my own strength do. Then , I found this comforting and encouraging exract from The diary of an old soul by George MacDonald while reading a book



"'Tis but a picture hung upon my wall


To measure dull contentment therewithal,


And know behind the human how I fall;


A vision true, of what one day shall be


When thou hast had thy very will with me"



I can only smile after reading that and I hope this would make someone smile too :-)

7 comments:

Joy Akut said...

being a christian is so hard...i also have that feeling when i stare at people in church...but then like u said we can never know whats in their hearts....

about leading the guy on...when he gets tired he'll hop off.i've made up my mind not to feel guilty about 'leading on'

LovePaprika said...

... honey about leading 'him' on... well we've been there.. just read whitefreak's blog about setting boundaries... its only for our benefit at the end of the day. think about the end from the beginning with this guy :)
as for God- one thing i know for sure is that he doesn't expect us to be perfect because we can never be! its him in us that drives those people who seem perfect to be the way they are...

Love always

Tiwa said...

@fantasy queen:what can I say?.. God help us because it is only thru him and by him we can be anything better

@Miss Love: went to read it...very insightful, thnx for the heads up n as for perfection..yeah I know just like the extract says those people are there to show us that we cannot be content with where we are presently and the "vision" of " perfection" will be true when God has had his way with us

Rebirth said...

it sure made me smile......... :)

Lolia said...

It made me smile too :)

Buttercup said...

maybe u shud change ur attitude towards him..not necessarily being nasty but yea..

im also struggling with being christ-like right now..it really isnt easy..

.Little Dublin. said...

Aaah ladies....totally with you all on the Christian issue, though sometimes I wonder is there comfort to be found in not being alone??? hmmm...(musings for another day =0)..)
Be encouraged..God is the author, finisher AND perfecter of our Faith. He wants us to come just as we are...His greatness will more amplified by our weakness :)
Love....xxx