CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

ARRRGH =) / Random

Right now my sister is annoying the freakin heck outta me! Like really really annoying! Family...u can't live with them and you can't live without them.

I dunno why I constantly find myself trying to live up to the expectations of la famila and as a result, I earn the title of the "good girl" which I totally hate. Me I'll be good, while the other people can be out there and out of control and even though they criticize it they are actually praising the other persons behaviour as well in a way.

I try to be me...but sometimes its so difficult to do that in my family environment. I love all 30 or so of them( yeah I have a huge family and they are all involved in my liffe, one way or the other) and I appreciate their prescence in my life but sometimes they can be so narrow minded and critical it drives me nuts!

*Sigh* I feel like most times I put on this front of who I'm supposed to be, so much so that I think they don't really know me at all. However, I don't know how valid that statement is.

In psychology, I learnt that people have different personalities that they exhibit in different situations. So you don't just have a personality, you have personalities that all combine together to make you. So maybe, that person that they know is me because it's the best me I deem fit for that situation.
I think I've lost a good few people here..lol Didn't intend to write a whiny post but oh well. Man proposes, God disposes =)

On a totally different note, did you guys notice the lyrics of Lil'wayne's "A millie" song? Imagine the guy advertising Nigerians as people with very tough hair "I'm a young money millionaire, tougher than Nigerian hair" (you can listen to the song on my playlist). Please me i don't have tough hair oh! My hair is luxuriously soft and silky, in fact sef, I should be the one modelling for the hair product soft and silk.....lol .This is what I wish.

I have discovered a lot of bloggers that have made me really excited again bout blogsville. I feel like I've been out of the loop for forever actually because I've only known about the oldies..most of whom have packed shop. So I've uploaded the new blogger template which I didn't even know about...Gosh! I'm so stale ... I know and I've added all my new found treasures to my blog roll =)


I guess "thats just the way garri crumbles" as quoted from Vindication's blog...lol..I just had to add that in even though it doesn't really fit in.


Without even realising, I've been on blogsville for two years and a bit ..almost three years now. Time flies oh. Was looking back at my archives and I suddenlly realised how naive and innocent I was/am. The first time I got drunk/tipsy..whatever, the whole fiasco with my first kiss in spin d bottle..lol. and my official first crush...considering all this was only within the last two years..you don't have to guess that i was/am a very late bloomer...

Ok....I've been randomly rambling on long enough, so I'll just take a bow now as the shows is over and I hope thats a resounding round of applause I'm hearing..lol..see how i just stole Rihanna's lyrics

Nyways much love and stay fabulous!

10 comments:

Mz. Dee said...

excellent post babez!
lmao.. most 9jaz hv tough hair. actually most africanz. dependin one hw u care 4 it i guess.

Luvd d way u ended ur post! dat rihanna song winz me over eachtime.

I can understand ur issues with the fam. Sumtyms i feel that way too, altho my family is much smaller than urz.

But i guess if we live our lives tryin to impress others, we 4get about impressing ourselves.

Joy Akut said...

hey babes, you can say that again about family. my sister gives me the itch sometimes, all the time, but no matter how much i want to scratch i hold back cos we're family and that love that comes with the title is stronger than all we can ever imagine.

Chari said...

arrghhh!!! I feel u on family mehn...geezz...



ehn naa...even if ur nigiriyan hair is not tough..weezy says he's tuffa dan it...

me I dnt know ma hair was classified as tough o...

cant help askin dem fi use ma hair make rope?

mayn u'v come a long way on this ur blogville trip o...wishu many more years...

ShadeCrown said...

LOL
I feel u on family mehn... used to experience dat kinda ish years ago with my sis but thank God we r all grown now and we have different apartments so we dnt really get on each others nerves like we used to when we were little.

I guess lil weezy is right to a certain extent..lol even tho it doesnt apply to me. lol

Nice guy said...

damn mehn...i can almost imagine what the family pressure feels like...as for me, they can expect all they want while i try to live up to my own expectations

Jen Juma said...

Buzz Tiwa!

How garri crumbles? Lol!

Ladi has resumed. hola!

Anonymous said...

UPDATE OOO UPDATE!!!

Mz. Dee said...

i demand an update b4 the end of august o!!!!!

otherwise i';m goin on strike!!!

Tiwa said...

guys sorry for the lack of updates..i'm working on it..wld definitely upadate b4 end of august so mz dee pls dont go on strike!=)

Tiwa said...

guys sorry for the lack of updates..i'm working on it..wld definitely upadate b4 end of august so mz dee pls dont go on strike!=)