CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 23, 2007

who' da boss?

Lately, a lot has been going through my mind. So much that I have started daring to question some things . Thing is, I know in my heart of hearts that God reigns and rules over us and protects his children but so much happens in the world that just makes you wonder ....."Is there really a God or are we just decieving ourselves?" Still, no matter what my head thinks and and what happens in the world that remains...unexplainable, there is proof that God was, is and will be. So how doe we reconcile these two things, the proof of God and places where there is no evidence of God.

Sure, there have been some attempts, "God only works where he is called" or "it is the people letting the devil do bad things to them?" But how can a God so loving, sit back and watch horrible things happen to the people he so wonderfully made. People killing each other over nothing, people suffering so much to get money to survive and some next man just ripping it off them.. how do you explain a child who has never wronged anybody being brought ito a world of suffering, famine or war. There has to be a plausible explanation, yes, I know the heart of man is wicked but why do bad things happen to good people and vice versa? why won't people think, "why should I believe in God?.. so far, I've had nothing to do with him and I have been perfectly alright and all those who claim God are suffering." They shouldn't be able to think so. Sometimes, I think maybe it's just ignorance to believe everything revolves around God and that maybe we christains are just to scared to accept a world without God cuz then it would mean we have no hope, it would we won't have that last person to help us when everything else fails, it would mean we can't tell ourselves that our situation would change , it would mean there would be no one to help us in our trying times , it would mean we have no protection or defence from all the dangers of the world ..... it would simply mean no hope and that we can't live with.
Still, I know that God truly exists, reigns and rules and he is exactly who he says he is in the Bible. I know this because I believe, I believe because I have no other option than to believe, because God is the only hope I have and there is no other way to describe my being alive and having everything I have other than it is the work of God. Even though, I cannot understand or explain the way he does his work, why he does it that way and not the way I think is best, I know that he is in control and he knows what he is doing.
I know that was some heavy stuff, but I just had to get it out of my mind. Besides thinking, I've home having a good midterm..Oh! the joy! just being able to wake up anytime I like, lounge on the sofa and watch T.V all day plus I get to eat proper food. ...Fajii ni mo wa! sadly, all this has to end soon and I'll have to go back o school and face my reality. Nyways, i'm thinking of what to get my mum for her birthday.....any ideas?

6 comments:

Confused Naija Girl said...

I think believing in God is based on faith rather than evidence. there can never be evidence that God exists.

no ideas of what to get your mum oh, still racking my brain for my girl friends bday

Anonymous said...

I believe in God... but I'm more spiritual that religious so I don't know the answers to most of those sort of questions cos I know next to nothing about those sort of matters... Like confused said... i think its more faith than seeing evidence... as for the gift.. i usually get my mom purses, jewellry or bath products...for her its usually the thought that counts

Naija Vixen said...

Hey...i agree wiv evrything above this comment...for me just the day-to-day miracles i see is what makes me believe there is a God... wat to get mumsie???short of the usual bag,spa treatments and wat not...altho u culd get hold of a particular picture that evokes good memories 4 her,blow it up and frame it...

Daddy's Girl said...

It's important to ask these questions and work these things through in your mind - but like the others have said there is always going to be the point where faith steps in and you make a choice to either believe or not. We live in a messed-up, warped, crazy world, and we can't blame God for that - truth is that mankind did all the messing up... and truly God is still very much all around us, even in the midst of the mess and the injustice - we just need to know where to look, and where to find Him. I really believe you see Him best in the little things... but let me not start writing an essay on your comments page!

Stuck in my throat said...

The issue of the Almighty is a VERY serious one.
I have been through a near death experience and it wasn't till i prayed, that my recovery began.
we never remember HIM till we are in trouble.
I wish we could all try to live by His Laws...
One of the commandments that we transgress always is "THOU SHALT NOT CALL THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN."
Think about it.
Your post got me thinking...it is deep.

Tiwa said...

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

I know believing is a thing of faith rather than evidence...it's just that sometimes it's hard ....There's sometimes that you feel his hand so strongly and you feel so blessed that you just know that he is on the throne..and there are other times that you see things happening that makes just think "How can God sit back and let this happen? but I guess his ways are not our ways as I said earlier so we just have to keep believing despite our circumstances or whatever we are faced with.

@stuck in my throat: i am so guitly of that sin! I've tried to stop and I'm still tryin but like thats the first thing that comes to my mouth when I want to exclaim. i've got this theory sha..instead of just saying " oh god!" or something like that i could turn it into praise like "halleluya!" "God is great!"...lol
that might be very wierd though! but at least u're not sinning