CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 09, 2006

A whole new world

Wow, its been such a long time! I've been so busy, I just started school in a boarding house somewhere in the country in the north west of England, and it's been awesome.

Before I left, I though it was going to be horrible, I kept worrying about how I was going to survive. I had to live in the same house with white people for almost a year, which i thought would be very uncomfortable, I had to eat nothing but disgusting british food, i would be cut off from the modern city life of london and the shops i had grown to love. Oh!, it was unbearable to think about. I kept begging my mother not to let me go but she kept on telling me that I would be alright and that I was just being silly.

Anyway, on the set date my mother dragged me along to the school and dumped me there (ok.., she didn't dump me there, she was actually reluctant to leave) . So, there I was all on my own in this new strange place. Until I found out that my room mate was not only a nigerian but MY SECOND COUSIN! and that they were also two other nigerian guys there. I actually went to the same school as one of them for a year and my sister knows the other one. Plus the food isn't all that bad, although it takes a bit of adjusting to but its not bad at all. To add more icing on the cake, today we actually got to visit the nearby town of lancaster and I was reunited with most of my shops.

So, so far its been really far from the horrible experience i was thinking it would be , the people have been really nice and I've started getting comfortable and I'm hoping it stays this way. In a way I'm so happy I came down here cuz it gives me an opportunity to experience a totally different world and so many things I would never have done ordinarilly and I might actually come out a better person. I almost let the fear of being in a place stop me from experiencing wonderful things. So, from now on I've decided to always be ready to explore new horizons if somebody else has done it, you can do it too!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool 4 u! i also went to a boarding house somewhere in the south of england,it was good fun ope u have fun too